Quality indicators by January 2019
|||The institution is made of:|
8 university campuses:
2 academic units
4 academic coordination units
1 high school
7 research institutes
4 national research centers
2 educational centers for the arts:
- University Center of the Arts
- Department of Art and Culture
|||4 national research centers:|
- Coordination for Innovation and Applied Science and Technology (CIACYT)
- Center for Research in Biomedicine and Health Sciences (CICSaB)
- Regional Center of Biosciences
- Center for Research and Extension in Agricultural Sciences Media Campus (El Balandrán)
|||23 libraries, information centers and comprehensive learning centers:|
- Science, Technology and Design Information Center (CICTD West Campus)
- Information Center of Biomedical Sciences Dr. José Miguel Torre López (CICBI West Campus)
- Information Center of Social and Administrative Sciences (CICSA Downtown Campus)
- Information Center in Humanities, Librarianship and Psychology (CIHByP East Campus)
- Historical Documentation Center "Lic. Rafael Montejano y Aguiñaga (CDHRMA Downtown Campus)
- Public University Library (BPU Downtown Campus)
- Center for Virtual Computer Academic Resources (CREATIVA)
- Comprehensive learning center in Media campus (CIA-ZM)
- Comprehensive learning center in Huasteca campus (CIA-ZH)
- Comprehensive learning center in Matehuala "Rosario Medellín Varela" (CIAM Altiplano campus)
- Comprehensive learning center in South Huasteca campus (CIA-HS)
- Comprehensive learning center in Salinas (CIA-Altiplano Oriente Campus)
- Comprehensive learning center-Agronomy and Veterinary (CIA-AV)
|||25 administrative offices|
25 facilities for cultural and academic events
- University Cultural Center Bicentennial (CC200)
- Manuel José Othón University Theater (Huasteca Campus)
- University Paraninfo Rafael Nieto Compeán
- Caja Real Cultural Center
- University Center of the Arts (CUART)
- Department of Art and Culture
|||48 units, courts, gyms and sports centers|
32, 012 students
29, 599 undergraduate students
- 440 in PhD Programs
- 979 in Master Programs
- 533 in Postgraduate Programs
874 high school students
98 associate’s degree students
8377 University Language Center students
1925 Art and Culture students
3. Academic staff
|||3, 519 scholars |
842 full time professors
631 professors with PRODEP profile
521 members of the National System of Researchers (SNI)
- 95 Candidates
- 325 Level I
- 64 Level II
- 37 Level III
2, 477 lecturers
32 part time
168 academic technicians
4. Educational programs
|||100 undergraduate degrees|
99 bachelor’s degrees
1 associate’s degree in gastronomy
96 postgraduate degrees
74 recognized in the National Register of Postgraduate Quality Conacyt
41 master programs
19 doctoral programs
7 graduate programs at international level:
- Doctorate of Applied Sciences
- Master of Applied Sciences
- Doctorate of Science (Physics)
- Master of Science (Physics)
- Master of Dental Sciences
- Master of Endodontics
- Specialty in Dermatology
1 high school certified by the Council for the evaluation of upper secondary education (COOPEMS) in level 1 of national quality
35 double degree programs, along with:
- City University of Seattle
- Central Schools of France
- University of Quebec
- Cologne University of Applied Sciences
5. Academic excellence
|||100% of the evaluable educational programs with national accreditation of good quality endorsed by the CIEES and COPAES |
21 educational programs registered in the Register of High Academic Performance of Ceneval
3 programs with Level 1 Plus
14 programs with Level 1
4 programs with Level 2
- 20 undergraduate programs with international accreditation of good quality granted by the international organizations ANECA, EUR-ACE, ANPADEH, ABET and CACEI
- 92 with national accreditation endorsed by Copaes organizations
74 postgraduates recognized in the National Register of Postgraduate Quality Conacyt
|||4, 933 graduates|
3, 783 degree holders
11 Associate’s degree holders
3, 140 Bachelor
498 students of excellence recognized by the UASLP
Students of excellence recognized by the Ceneval
- 3, 161 graduates presented the EGEL of Ceneval
- 197 won the EGEL Ceneval Award for Excellence
- 2, 094 obtained national recognition of the Ceneval
- 1, 286 obtained Satisfactory Performance Testimony
- 808 obtained Outstanding Performance Testimony
|||67% of the research in the State of San Luis Potosí is carried out by UASLP through its 15 institutes and research centers|
521 researchers belong to the National System of Researchers
325 Level I
64 Level II
37 Level III
The highest percentage level in relation to full-time professors nationwide
1, 646 research products
- 182 books and book chapters
- 654 articles in peer-reviewed or indexed journals
- 62 articles in non-peer-reviewed journals or means of dissemination
- 187 memories
- 518 bachelor, master, doctorate and specialty theses
- 40 of other types of products (reports, prototypes, websites, among others)
- 5 patents
The UASLP has 122 consolidated and in consolidation research groups
8. Cooperation, academic and student mobility
|||258 agreements (2018-2019)|
84 institutional collaboration agreements
58 with international institutions
26 with national institutions
459 students in international mobility
342 students in national mobility
202 scholars in international mobility
608 scholars in national mobility
459 students in 21 countries
202 professors and researchers in 27 countries
|||2, 295 products, events and cultural services|
- 14 concerts of the University Symphony Orchestra
- 109 artistic group participations
- 228 courses, diploma programs and workshops
- 84 radio program
- 183 events in University Cultural Center Bicentennial (CC200)
- 105 events in Caja Real Cultural Center
- 95 audiovisual products
|||46, 833.87 m2 of construction, remodeling and expansion of university spaces (2018-2019)|
11. Prizes and awards
|||More than 200 national and international prizes and awards to researchers, students and graduates|
The UASLP granted:
- The Honorary Doctorate to Dr. Enrique Cabrero Mendoza.
12. Prizes and awards to the UASLP
13. Budget (of income and expenses for 2019)
|||By January 2019, 95% compliance in the transparency and access to information portals. www.cegaip.org.mx (information last updated December 31, 2018).|
By December 2018, 426 requests have been answered.
15. UASLP in Rankings
- Global Universities Research: 3rd place in Mexico.
- Scimago: By 2018 in Mexico it ranks 9th place, in Latin America the place 51st and in the world it ranks 680th.
- QSWorks Universities: Ranked 9th in Mexico and the 98th place in Latin America.
- Web of Science: 1st place in average citations per publication in Mexico and Latin America.
- AméricaEconomía: It ranks 16th place in public universities in Mexico.
- World University Rankings | Times Higher Education: Ranked 9th in Mexico.
16. Scientific production
- Detection of breast cancer by saliva.
- UASLP patents three research projects.
- UASLP develops research to create green vaccines.
- Pilot Project of a Virtual Photovoltaic Plant Based on Intelligent Investors and a Digital Cloud.
- UASLP participates in a large particle accelerator.
- UASLP creates the National Laboratory for the Engineering of Matter outside Equilibrium.
- UASLP promotes histocompatibility laboratory.
- Mamut fossil is found in Cedral SLP and UASLP restores fossils.
- Team of professionals of the UASLP restores facade and dome of Teatro de la Paz.
- Atlas of Violence in Latin America Project gets Justice Now Award.
- Variclim of the UASLP monitors the national territory.
- UASLP participates in an international inclusion project.